Housing Support Worker
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Anonymous
We are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees, and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
We require 2 Housing Support Workers to work within Young People Supported Housing Projects one based in Chippenham & the other based in Salisbury. 18 hours per week, between the hours of 9-5 Monday - Friday. Hourly rate £8.87 - £9.09.
The applicant for the Chippenham post must hold a full drivers licence and have access to a road worthy vehicle with business insurance.
The successful applicants will ideally have experience working with the vulnerable young people and the issues they face. The role requires someone who is willing to work flexibly to meet the individual's needs, providing first class support for them to achieve their goals. If you have a good work ethic, are flexible, have plenty of energy and motivational skills then we want to meet you.
Key Performance Objectives:
* To provide a supportive and safe environment to rough sleepers accessing the Severe Weather Emergency Provision, enabling them to maintain their placement throughout the winter months.
Supported Housing | Support Plans | Key Working | Mental Health | New Tag | Alcohol Addiction
* Experience of working in supported housing or a related field
* Experience of working unsupervised and on your own initiative
* Ability to form and maintain professional working relationships with a range of individuals and organisations
* Experience of working as part of a team
* Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
* Good numeracy skills
* Good IT Skills
* Experience of forming and maintaining appropriate professional boundaries
* Good working knowledge of the welfare benefits system
* Experience of involving service users in improving services
* Experience and knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and related issues
* Ability to record information accurately, objectively and within prescribed timescales
* To currently hold or be committed to personal development through training
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award, Two Ticks, and Mindful Employer. We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
Why work for us?
We believe that all employees are the heart and soul of us. We want to invest in you, to ensure that you feel valued as we believe happy staff equals a happy workplace and this will contribute to a successful Charity.
* 24 days holiday increasing to 29 days with over 5 years' service. Bank Holidays are in addition to this
* Comprehensive Induction Training
* Access to award-winning training and development - My Learning Cloud
* Generous sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
* Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
* Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support Via Mindful Employer Plus
* Accredited Disability Confident Employer