Systems Support Officer
Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Anonymous
Monday - Friday, 8:45 am - 5:00 pm (37 hours)
* To contribute to the operation and development of the financial systems and their interfaces with other corporate systems and provide day to day expertise on the systems.
* To be responsible for the development, implementation and assessment of ad-hoc projects for process and system enhancement.
* To reconcile and resolve data issues between systems (including those which are expenditure or income related and of a high value).
* To collate statistical information and prepare Management Information and Statistical returns, ensuring all estimate and returns satisfy internal and external audit requirements.
* To have a basic understanding of all modules within the system supported
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Business Objects XI Web Intelligence
* Crystal Reports
* Developing new reports on an ad-hoc basis in response to user or FOI requests
* Use initiative to produce reports which would assist in improving and developing the service
* Maintaining report library
* Understanding statutory and internal management reporting requirements
System Administration and Support
* Front line support to system users
* Providing cover for System Support Assistant and Systems Administrator
* Documentation of all master data and structural changes
* Evaluate, review and test new software releases
* Documentation of all application and environment changes
* Maintenance of test systems
* Liaison with internal stakeholders and third party software consultants
* To contribute towards the delivery of an effective, high performing, customer focused Application Support service that is continuously improving and ensures that the agreed service standards are met.
* To promote corporate working and effective team building in order to provide financial information, analysis, support and advice to officers as appropriate in their operational and strategic roles.
* Comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act
* To ensure that the System Support Assistant is organised, receives appropriate training, is informed, managed and motivated to deliver a high quality, cost effective service.
* To assist the Systems Administrators in demonstrating proactive and innovative financial developments to ensure that all functions within the section are maintained and enhanced.
* To provide cover for the Systems Administrator in relation to systems issues and other relevant duties, commensurate with the competencies of the post, as may be deemed reasonable by management.
* To provide information various government returns, extracting financial data and reconciliation figures.
* To provide financial data for purposes such as budget monitoring, Freedom of Information requests and grant claims.
* To maintain reconciliations of financial data as required and investigation of discrepancies and providing solutions.
* Attending ad-hoc meetings with senior staff
* System Administration and Support o Instruct new staff in the use of the financial computer systems
* Reporting to manager
* Escalating and progressing IT issues from the help-desk
* To work closely with the Systems Administrators and other sections to maintain an integrated, professional help-desk service
* To embrace the City Council's vision and values through effective leadership and the promotion of sound financial management.
* To promote a culture of high quality risk management, financial governance and accountability
* To operate in an open manner and ensure that the Systems Administrator is kept informed on key issues.
* To promote a culture of opportunity, achievement, responsibility and personal development within the section
* To actively promote diversity in the provision of services in accordance with the Council's policies and procedures
* Any other duties appropriate to the post.
Skills and Experience:
* Knowledge of issues associated with the administration of financial services
* Extensive knowledge of financial systems (ideally Civica or Northgate) in a large, complex environment specifically system specification, testing applications and new software releases.
* Knowledge and experience in the use of techniques for analysis of statistical performance data and management information.
* Appreciation of the sensitive nature of a political environment
* Ideally at least 2 years experience in a systems support role, problem solving and advising system users within a large, ideally public sector organisation
* Experience of creating and maintaining job schedules
* Experience of supervising batch runs, identifying and investigating exceptions
* Understanding of the training requirements associated with system changes and the experience to make a positive contribution to in house training
* Experience of testing and implementing software releases and the ability to recommend quality improvements
* Experience of using Business Objects or Crystal reporting tools
* Ability to effectively communicate with Finance and IT colleagues using their respective terminology and working practices
* Ability to observe and investigate system problems and to provide robust, practical and sustainable solutions
* Ability to produce and present clear, accurate, concise reports for management and users
* Good numeracy with a full toolkit of skills including Microsoft Office, database reporting and keyboard skills
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish positive relationships with stakeholders
* Good networking, advocacy, oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to represent the Council's policies and views to stakeholders
* Ability to use best practice and process improvements to assist in the preparation of specifications and document system enhancements
* Ability to reconcile postings between interfacing systems
* Ability to react positively to meet multiple deadlines in a challenging and changing environment
* A good team player who is also able to work independently, with the energy and determination to support the promotion of cultural changes to raise service standards in Stoke-on-Trent. This includes a personal and professional commitment to open communication, open mindedness, equal opportunities and diversity
* Self-motivated, intuitive, innovative and creative with an enquiring mind and excellent interpersonal skills
* Degree of personal and professional probity, integrity and credibility that sustains the confidence and trust of stakeholders
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases
The Recruitment Link Limited