Lead Asset Management Consultant
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Anonymous
The Lead Asset Management requires the combined application of business operations, strategy, people management, change management, accounting/finance, risk management and information systems all coordinated to realise maximum value from physical assets. Government and industry look to them to apply asset management principles across a wide range of infrastructure markets/sectors such as; Transportation, Energy, Water, Aerospace and Defence
The successful candidate will provide thought leadership in data driven analysis of client asset management objectives through data analytics and a range of digital asset management systems to develop and define client objectives at an operationally strategic level. In some cases, the successful candidate will work with clients to develop, design, procure and implement a digital asset management system for the client.
The role requires the successful candidate to work both independently and provide Leadership to the Asset Management Capability, developing and delivering asset management solutions for both simple and complex equipment and at the enterprise level. The role is technically and personally challenging, whilst being incredibly rewarding. The role requires the successful candidate to work under their own guidance, manage project teams and interact with customers and key stakeholders at a high level.
Prime responsibilities for the role are:
• Development and appraisal of client Asset Management Campaigns, including investment options. Translation of investment options into detailed investment plans that support client asset management strategy and objectives.
• Application of whole life cost principles, utilising digital asset management systems. Define, track, analyse and verify client unit cost data.
• Management of asset creation/acquisition/disposal methodologies for clients. Associated business case and options development where asset life extensions may be required.
• Identify, measure and evaluate asset related risks and potential disruptions to critical asset management activities and infrastructure. Ensure/identify the technical/non-technical resources needed for contingency planning.
• Develop, maintain and communicate asset management plan(s) and specific asset policies. Measure effectiveness of plans, implementing adjustments where required.
Skills / Qualifications
• Knowledge of principles and methods of strategic management and business planning.
• Ability in determining procurement strategies applicable to the acquisition or creation of assets including management of materials, logistics and supply chains.
• Ability to use relevant software programs to determine deterioration of assets, impact on integrated system effectiveness and techniques for cost and performance analysis.
Management Knowledge and Experience
• Ability to engage and influence at all levels of stakeholder, both internally and externally.
• Able to establish clear client requirements, communicating plans effectively back to clients.
• Record of accomplishment in the development of Asset Management solutions at enterprise, platform and at system level.
• Provide Technical Governance and Assurance across the Asset Management discipline.
• Ability to deal well with ambiguity and new content in a very broad range of situations.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and contribute with a problem-solving, investigative and innovative skillset.
• Able to work at pace and under pressure.
• A strong communicator with keen observation skills and critical thinking ability.
• Chartered engineer or equivalent, or working towards it;
• Knowledge and experience of working in wider markets
• Experience of consultancy selling and the ability to sell the capability to external clients
• Bid management and or support to complex bids
For full details on this role please contact Paul Ellis on (Apply online only) / (url removed)
Please visit our website (url removed)
Beach Baker Property Recruitment
Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd