Senior Systems Engineer - Security
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Anonymous
Location: North London
Package: Salary £50-55k (negotiable) - plus excellent benefits
Join a world leader in the development, manufacture and supply of defence & security related systems. The company is a leading SME (circa 180 staff) specialising in areas such as navigation, surveillance, security, UAV and radar systems.
An excellent working environment, not too small that it has a family run feel to it, but not too big that you just feel like a small cog in a big machine, where your work can often go un-noticed / unrewarded.
Job responsibilities includes:
* Definition and delivery of Systems solutions for the Security business
* Technical support to Sales and Marketing including generating information to support bids, technical presentations to customers, generation of product specifications and attendance at customer meetings.
* Provide technical design solutions to support proposed system changes and bids ensuring appropriate compliance with customer, business and legislative requirements including safety.
* Adopt a consistent approach to systems engineering activities throughout the design life cycle.
* Take an active involvement in new product design, providing system level input from product definition through to release into production
* Maintain and support legacy/delivered systems including visits to customer sites and installations where necessary.
* Monitor and, where possible, introduce up to date technology into Kelvin Hughes system designs.
* Travel within the UK and overseas is required, and is considered a frequent feature of this role. This could be required at short notice. It may also involve deployments of up to 6 weeks at a time.
* Promote the work of Kelvin Hughes in the field of Systems Engineering through attendance at conferences and seminars and where appropriate, through the presentation and publication of technical papers
* Any other tasks associated with this role.
* Extensive knowledge of product development, engineering change management, systems engineering and quality systems and their practical application.
* Knowledge of radar (or communications) system design and performance analysis
* Proven experience of integration and demonstration of equipment and subsequent acceptance by customer / end users
* Proven experience of sensor integration into varied platforms
* Proven technical skills, relating to effective systems engineering, practical application of quality assurance and configuration control, as well as appropriate document generation.
* Sound commercial/business awareness.
* Sound inter-personal skills.
* Computer literacy, including CAD applications.
* Knowledge of electro optical camera solutions.
For full details please contact Paul Ellis at Outsource UK (url removed)
Please visit our website (url removed)
LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
Bennett & Game Recruitment Ltd
Bennett & Game Recruitment