Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Anonymous
£35,000 - £45,000
Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week
Our client is an expanding business based on the outskirts of Telford. They are now recruiting for an experienced Financial Controller to join the business on a permanent basis. The role reports directly to the Managing Director with the successful candidate working hands-on and responsible for a small finance team. This key role will play an integral part in driving change through the business, streamlining process and controls to help with the growth of the business over the coming years.
Duties will include:
* Day to day management of the accounts department
* Preparation of monthly management accounts including the production of full P+L and Balance sheet including variance analysis, accruals/prepayments
* Budgetary control, forecasting and cash flow management;
* Develop and drive the management reporting and KPI reports on sales and gross profit margins
* Identify and implement processes and recommend improvements;
* Statutory accounts and VAT returns; ensuring the financial accounting records are maintained accurately and liaising with the External Auditors;
* Liaising with the management team to ensure best practice is adopted across the business.
The client will consider a qualified accountant or a candidate qualified by experience. Due to the nature of the role you must be happy working in a hands-on role, have previous experience in developing and managing process improvements and improved efficiencies and have the ability to drive change across the business. You will be confident with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organisation.
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we're able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won't be retained. So, if you're not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you're seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you'll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales. Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment. With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.