Asset Manager - Retail
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by British Land
At British Land, Places People Prefer is at the heart of everything we do. We are inspired by how places can affect people's lives, whether as a place to live, work, shop or our role in a wider community. With £16.8bn of assets under management, our portfolio includes UK-wide retail multi-let centres, Central London campuses and prime residential developments.
We design, build and manage places that reflect the way people want to live, work and shop today and into the future. Nearly 100,000 people live or work in our properties, which attract around 350 million visitors each year with over 1,000 different organisations having chosen our places as their home. Our places will shape the lives of millions of people across the UK for years to come.
We are a diverse, curious team that believes in shared success and enabling people to be themselves and work in ways that suit them best. Our small, expert team works alongside other expert people on some of the most ambitious, innovative projects in the country, and we are committed to offering our people a rewarding career journey where you can shape how you grow. If you want to feel valued and understood in an environment where your opinions count and your ideas are encouraged, you've come to the right place!
You'll work with a Regional Retail Head and other Asset Managers to manage a portfolio so that it delivers robust performance. By managing our assets intelligently, you'll help us meet the evolving needs of occupiers while delivering strong returns for investors. It's a role that will see you taking the lead on implementing business plans, managing portfolio performance and taking long term strategic decisions.
It's your chance to gain exposure on assets that matter. The quality and scale of our portfolio is second to none and because we're a relatively small team, you'll have bigger responsibilities and greater opportunities to broaden your experience.
- Implementing and creating asset level Business Plans;
- Manage internal and external teams in achieving asset level objectives;
- Management of a large number of concurrent income initiatives;
- Liaising with acquisition, finance, legal and compliance teams in delivery of initiatives;
- Regular reporting on performance of assets;
- Work closely with Leasing Team to develop and deliver the leasing strategy. The leasing strategy will be partly informed by customer insight and research. You will therefore work closely with British Land's customer insight team, analysing performance and affordability;
- Regular communication and cooperation with Joint-Venture partners;
- Communication and collaboration with the retail team on business wide initiatives;
- Develop and maintain a wide range of customer relationships, particularly with retailers and core advisors;
- Participate on key account programme, which covers our top 25 retailers;
- Ensure B2B marketing strategy aligns with leasing aspirations and remains on brand; and
- Adhere to British Land asset management processes and procedures.
- Real Estate background preferred with a good understanding of the wider retail industry;
- Good numeracy and analytical skills;
- Ability to create a vision and set ambitious growth strategies;
- A proven track record of identifying opportunities to add value and delivering against targets of financial outperformance;
- Ability to take ownership and manage complex projects
- A leader with strong influencing skills that gain results
- Embraces and encourages collaboration with strong negotiation and influencing skills
British Land employees are committed to living our values and promoting an inclusive, positive and collaborative culture.
Bring your whole self
- Confident, pro-active, hardworking and highly professional individual
- Treats everyone equally irrespective of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, religious or other philosophical belief, disability, gender identity, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, or pregnancy or maternity.
Listen & Understand
- Seeks out, accepts and acts on feedback
- Awareness of and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good team player, with positive attitude and eagerness to get involved
- Self-starter who uses own initiative
- Flexibility - able to deal with different levels of workload, remaining calm under pressure
Build for the future
- Willing to learn new skills and tools
- Works to a high standard and always strives to improve
Our values underpin everything we do
Please note that we endeavour to get back to all applicants within 28 days. If you haven't heard from us within this period, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.