Senior Digital Engineer - hardware design - Digital Printed Circuit Bo
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Tiger Resourcing Solutions Ltd
Senior Digital Engineer - hardware design - Digital Printed Circuit Boards - Schematic Capture
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer the Senior Digital Engineer is responsible for the design of complex high speed digital Printed Circuit Boards for LTE base stations (eNodeB).
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, debug, and prototyping of circuits as well as full system hardware design.
- Designing, test, debug and specification verification of reference designs.
- Validation of system level performance; design and build test fixtures as needed.
- Perform cost analysis of hardware designs and provide feedback of cost vs. benefits.
- Perform board level rework (surface mount devices) as well mechanical rework as required
- Perform box level testing, debugging of preproduction devices and analysis of data as well as defining production test specification limits.
- Define system level testing of engineering units as well as production units
- Documentation of design specifications and implementation details. Lead design reviews. Upholding of hardware design standards and methodologies
- Responsibility for the complete implementation of detailed technical items and an understanding/appreciation of system level items
- Collaboration with other team members including both hardware and software engineers to agree system designs, interfaces and protocols
- Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal, to prove the correct operation of hardware
- Flexibility is essential as specifications may not be fully defined at the start of development, and liaison with customers for continued feedback and input of requirements is likely throughout the developments.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them
Minimum Job Requirements
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven and demonstrable experience of developing a solution based on system requirements and able to document understanding of their application to hardware designs.
- Proven experience of Schematic Capture using OrCAD Schematic capture tool.
- Experience of Hardware design of complex processor/DDR3/DDR4 and high speed InterconnecT is essential
- Experience of high speed serial communication protocols and architectures
- Hands on experience of Hardware, Firmware & Software Integration is essential
- A methodical approach to the full hardware design life cycle, working to a structured hardware process is required
- Experience of de-bugging and testing new designs and supporting module and system related test.
- Ability to interface with suppliers of key components and assemblies.
- Knowledge of MS Project/Primavera (P6) and ERP systems such as SAP
- Ability to write comprehensive technical design documentation.
- Proven experience in handover and management of designs in production.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Able to support/debug system integration
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree level qualification in Software, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
- Innovative thinker and problem solver.
- Ability to effectively research and solve complex technical issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with customer representatives from a variety of backgrounds, ranging from junior to the most senior levels whilst displaying a confident, polite and professional demeanor at all times.
- Good attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable.