Clinical Pharmacology Scientist
Posted on Jul 24, 2022 by ITech Consult
Clinical Pharmacology Scientist - Pharma/data analysis/ICH GCP/Microsoft/English
For our pharma client based in basel we are looking for a Clinical Pharmacology Scientist (m/w/d).
pRED's Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) group enables discovery and development of safe and effective therapeutics at optimal doses in relevant populations with a vision to power translation, continuously improve the accuracy of our predictions and accelerate the development of tomorrow's medicines. PS supports discovery and development across the whole value chain from target assessment to on-market.
In the Translational DMPK-PD and Clinical Pharmacology chapter, our purpose is to select the right drug to deliver the right dose and dosing schedule to patients to provide a meaningful benefit through strong collaboration, strategic thinking and regulatory and scientific excellence.
In close collaboration with the project's Clinical Pharmacologist (CP), the CP Scientist is responsible for overall planning, management, data evaluation and reporting of clinical pharmacology studies. The CP Scientist leads protocol development and participates in study management as the primary clinical pharmacology representative. He/she provides clinical scientific input for final study reports and annual report documentation, and assists the CP in high-level IND and NDA documentation processes.
The ideal candidate has a clinical pharmacology (or pharmaceutical sciences) education with a minimum of a Master level. We are looking for someone with previous experience in industry setting -ideally- within clinical pharmacology, who has strong experience with PK/PD data analysis and with relevant software. This person needs to have a strong understanding and experience of working within clinical research, within ICH/GCP. Please note profiles with an academic or hospital background are considered as long as they match the required criteria.
Areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for the scientific aspects of clinical pharmacology study protocol development, including protocol synopsis, consent form, eCRF and protocol amendments
- Leads the evaluation of clinical pharmacology data (pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, safety), interacting as required with operational staff and investigators, Data Management, Biostatistics and other partners
- Leads the ongoing review of study data (eg PK, PD and safety) and reviews data outputs for scientific and medical validity and consistency
- Assists in the preparation of the clinical pharmacology component of the project specific Investigators Brochure
- Attends and provides science support for investigator meetings and monitor workshops
- Leads the safety review of clinical pharmacology studies and contribute to serious adverse event (SAE) reconciliation and SAE narratives
- Primary scientific responsible for writing final study reports
- Participates in the preparation of the IND and NDA documentation, the dossiers for formal regulatory meetings (eg EOP1, EOP2) and materials for use in presentations and responses to regulatory authorities
- MSc, Pharm D or PhD in pharmaceutical sciences, clinical pharmacology sciences (Post Doc considered).
- +2 years of experience in industry setting (preferably Pharma) supporting clinical pharmacology studies, NCA data analysis, regulatory filings and medical writing.
- Clinical research experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry, with knowledge of ICH GCP and the drug development process
- Previous experience/working knowledge of various approaches to PK and PD data analysis: compartmental, curve-fitting, non-compartmental.
- Experience on software: Phoenix WinNonlin (plus Microsoft & Google Suites)
- Experience of working on, and preferably leading a team matrixed around the scientific and/or clinical study-related tasks.
- Effective team work and interpersonal skills (globally, internal and externally) including coaching and mentoring
- Highly effective verbal and written communication/presentation skills in English
- Shows creativity, critical thinking, initiative and conscientiousness
- Ability to process information, analyze data, and reach conclusions based on sound reasoning and the rationale based on the risk- benefit assessment and cost-effectiveness.
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of Spotfire is a plus.
- Work in a Matrix structure for project
- Represent function on team(s); respond to basic protocol questions and process issues
- Values: Commitment, Initiative, Open Two-way Communication, Global Team Work Trust, Accountability, Interdependence,
- Consistency, Empowerment, Sense of Urgency, Pride, Drive to Change, Courageous Leadership, Innovation
Reference no: 921600SKN
Role: Clinical Pharmacology Scientist
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Start date: 01.08.2022
Duration: 12 months contract, with possible extension