Technical Training Intern
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Rockwell Automation
SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION
The Sales Enablement technical competency group has a team of engineers who research, design, develop, test, and deliver highly technical training materials for use in the classroom or via online modules and other modern media like remote cloud-based labs. The training focuses on building the skills required for distributor and internal pre-sales domain experts to talk about the value of Rockwell Automation hardware and software products and demonstrate these products as part of the technical sales process.
The Sales Enablement intern will support this team and be exposed to all aspects of competency including analysis, design, development, delivery, evaluation, and logistics. They will also have a great opportunity to experience Rockwell automation products through very hands-on activities such as wiring and testing of classroom lab exercises. Finally, the intern will also gain exposure to other teams through work with the Business Units, internal domain experts, distributors, and more.
- Assisting as needed with logistics involved in training department operations. Logistics include getting materials printed and equipment setup or wired, providing classroom maintenance, and providing computer maintenance.
- Designing and developing training solutions with guidance and support from department or business unit experts
- Testing classroom lab exercises with training and guidance
- Assisting in the creation of online modules including scripting, recording, or producing
- Potentially delivering hands-on training sessions for other interns or assisting with delivery aspects of our ongoing summer training program
- Reviewing evaluation data and surveys etc.
- Providing feedback on development issues related to course design
- Potentially helping with the execution of remote classroom capabilities (augmented or cloud-based labs)
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by this position. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of the responsibilities, duties and skills required of this role.
- Pursuing a bachelor's or master's in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, computer engineering or mechatronics
- Minimum cumulative GPA: 2.75
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.