Executive Chef 3
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Sodexo
At Sodexo we believe that Quality of Daily Life contributes to the progress of individuals and the performance of organizations. Sodexo designs, manages and delivers comprehensive service solutions through On-site Service Solutions and Motivation Solutions to create an outstanding experience for the people we serve. We have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Executive Chef at Sharp Grossmont Hospital in La Mesa, CA.
Reporting to our General Manager, you will be responsible for managing all culinary services for the food and nutrition department, including menu planning, sanitation and regulatory compliance.
- manage the daily food production including production labor to budget
- manage and implement retail promotions
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- manage food costing, controls and compliance
- develop creative catering menus
- manage and uphold the food safety and sanitation in compliance with Sodexo and State and Local Health Department standards
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees
- have a passion for food and innovation
- experience with online Food Management Systems
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background that includes fine dining and catering, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills
- high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- ServSafe certification, culinary degree preferred_
- experience with food management systems and MS Office programs
- experience working in food services within a healthcare setting is a plus
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Connect with this recruiter on LinkedIn or Twitter
page and consider signing up for our Career Connections eNewsletter
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.