Building Maintenance Technician - HVAC
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Fort Worth Transportation Authority
Trinity Metro has an immediate opening for Building Maintenance Technician with a specialty in HVAC. The incumbent performs under the direct supervision of the Building Maintenance Supervisor. The incumbent maintains and/or repairs the heating, cooling, electrical, plumbing, and ventilating systems. The incumbent performs minor repairs and routine maintenance duties on equipment and tools.
This position's responsibilities include:
- Inspects electrical systems and adjusts or repairs as necessary. Installs new outlets and replaces switches, ballasts, light bulbs, fixtures, etc.
- Inspects the heating and air conditioning systems and adjusts or repairs, as necessary. Changes filters, sets thermostats, cleans coils, etc.
- Inspects various mechanical equipment. Checks for damaged parts, cleans nozzles, lubricates parts, etc.
- Inspects CNG station, bus shelters, and generators.
- Performs minor repairs to furniture, door hinges, and locks.
- Paints or performs some carpentry work, e.g. building shelves, as required.
Two years of general building maintenance or trades including a combination of the following: electrical work, HVAC systems, plumbing, carpentry, and painting.
Freon Certification (Preferred)
High School Graduate or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Any combination of experience, training and/ or education that provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills may substitute for the required education.