Sales Engineer, Enterprise
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Mimecast Services Limited
Job Location(s) US-GA
Position Type Permanent - Full Time
More information about this job:
This position is a technical pre-sales role supporting the sales activities of our south region sales team. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic professional with in-depth technical abilities as well as a commercial acumen and sales skills. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a background in pre-sales or an experienced IT professional with strong communication skills looking to move out of the back office.
- Pre-Sales Support. Provide technical advice and support to sales opportunities by engaging with technical contacts within customer and reseller partner organizations. Ensure the Mimecast service is positioned correctly, understood by customers and any technical objections are overcome.
- Technical Qualification Consulting. Provide product demonstrations, presentations to senior customer contacts, Proof of Concepts and writing formal RFP response documents. Work with our sales colleagues and by providing input into the qualifications and sales strategies in partnership with sales.
- Training and Developing Partners. Ensure Mimecast reseller partners are capable of selling and supporting Mimecast services. Train partners and develop close working relationships with various technical staff in the reseller partner organization.
- Product Feedback. Interface with product management, marketing, business development and training to help ensure Mimecast solutions are meeting the needs of customers and prospects. Provide feedback on product features, functionality, marketing positioning and competitive differentiation.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Technical sales support or technical experience preferred
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to a business focused audience effectively.
- Proactive and self sufficient
- Flexible approach and willingness to learn new skills and disciplines
- Experience working with demanding business customers
- Familiarity with networking and security technologies and services
- Ability to work with and gain input utilizing resources from multiple teams and disciplines
- Travel 25% to 50%
- Experience in dealing with customers within a pre-sales environment
- Experience in consultative selling of complex services
- Experience with the design, management and maintenance of typical business email systems, including Microsoft Exchange and Office 365
- Extensive understanding of email archiving solutions and archiving business drivers
- Understanding of spam, viruses, email security and Internet based threats
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.