Messaging Security Analyst
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Mimecast Services Limited
Job Location(s) US-MA-Lexington
Position Type Permanent - Full Time
More information about this job:
Messaging Security ensures that our security focused products are performing accurately and efficiently. As the threat landscape is evolving rapidly, we verify that Mimecast can detect the latest email bourne threats. Through threat research and customer feedback we identify where Mimecast can be improved and update detection at our spam, URL, and attachment security layers. Our goal is to be proactive, more so than reactive.
The Team is also responsible for assuring that Mimecast keeps an exceptional sending reputation by looking for compromised email addresses and senders following poor mailing practice.
Messaging Security works closely with Security Operations, Gateway Security, Threat Labs, and Service Delivery. We are a global team, working together from five different countries.
As a Messaging Security Analyst the day-to-day will include:
- Handling level 1 and/or 2 security escalations
- Providing security advice and expertise to our pre-sales team
- Identifying and remediating email sending abuse
- Analysing phishing/malicious email campaigns to identify IOC's
- Research and investigating latest security threats and their potential impact to Mimecast customers
- Working with vendors around threat detection techniques and remediation
- Identifying opportunities for improved processes and systems
- Working knowledge of messaging (email traffic management) and routing
- Experience and understanding of email security technologies
- Strong Understanding of Domain Name System (DNS)
- Strong Understanding of SMTP, SSL/TLS, POP3, IMAP, TCP/IP
- Ability translate complex technical capabilities into management friendly responses
- Great oral and written communication skills in order to work closely with both office-based and remote team members, as well as customers
- Time management skills and the ability to self-prioritize
- Curiosity about the infrastructure of phishing/malicious email campaigns
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Higher education degree preferred in a security, technical or related field
- Experience working in a Security Operation Center (SOC)
- Experience working with email/malware detection and blocking techniques
- Experience working with threat intelligence platforms
- Programming fundamentals in regex, lua, html, python
- Working within SaaS environments
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.