Service Assistant - Postino (Heights)
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Upward Projects
Category Hourly Team Members
WHAT YOU BECOME
As a Server Assistant, you become a part of a growing, positive, and winning team who is driven to deliver the most memorable experiences for our guests. You will develop deep and invaluable wine and beer knowledge, learn how to execute hospitality in its highest form, and most importantly contribute to a team focused culture.
WHO WE ARE
In 2001, Phoenix's original wine caf, Postino, opened its doors in the historic 1940's Arcadia Post Office building. The vision was simple - to create a welcoming neighborhood spot for people to hang out and connect, and Co-Founders, Lauren Bailey, and Craig Demarco were fueled by a clear mission - make people feel good. Since its inception, the company has thrived on this people-first focus.
Fast forward just over 15 years, the company has gone on to open multiple restaurant concepts across state-lines under the parent company name Upward Projects. This momentum has expanded the company throughout the greater Phoenix, AZ metro, Denver, CO, and recently we opened in Houston, Texas!
Our concepts include Postino, Joyride Taco House, Federal Pizza, Windsor & Churn
WHAT YOU DO
The primary responsibility of this position is to support and assist servers deliver service to guests by continuously maintaining cleanliness and organization of guest tables and surrounding areas.
- Greets guests in a warm, friendly, and inviting manner.
- Provides water to the tables in a timely manner.
- Removes items from table tops that are not in use by the guest.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and maintains table tops, chairs, booths, and flooring of the restaurant that the guest comes in contact with during the dining experience.
- Checks and maintains the restrooms to ensure cleanliness, availability of towels, soap, and other restroom necessities. Monitors and removes trash when needed. Keeps all surfaces and flooring clean and free of excess water.
- Seeks servers to answer guest questions when unable to answer the guest accurately and confidently.
- Completes daily opening, closing, and weekly side work requirements in a detailed, timely, and efficient manner.
- Assists the host in providing an assessment of what tables are available or are becoming available.
- Utilizes a "circuit" mobility of constantly moving through each part of the restaurant to help team members and deliver exceptional experiences to the guest.
- Subscribes to the "full-hands in" and "full-hands out" mentality.
- Ensures the guest receives clean silverware, plates, and glassware.
- Anticipates the items that a guest will need through each stage of service and provides them without the guest having to ask.
- Communicates clearly, professionally, and positively with team members to promote a positive work environment that ensure guests receive exceptional service experiences.
- Follows company policies, procedures, and systems.
- Follows instructions regarding the use and storage of chemicals and cleaning supplies.
- Promotes a supportive, respectful and inclusive work environment.
- Creates a team cohesive and collaborative environment by listening, communicating, and helping the team work together to deliver the same positive memorable experiences to guests.
- Handles guest issues professionally and communicates with the manager or asks for help when needed.
- Supports the team in making sure the tables are well maintained, guests are seated, food and drinks are ran to tables accurately and quickly, refills drinks, and removes dirty plate ware, glassware and utensils in a timely manner.
- Wears appropriate uniform according to company policy and industry regulations.
Experience and Education
- State Food Handler's Management Certification is required
- Responsible Alcohol Service Certification is required