Software Product Manager - Medical
Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
LIVE IN AN AREA THAT'S ONE OF THE BEST PLACES IN THE WORLD TO BE, AND WORK FOR A FAMOUSLY GREAT COMPANY.
Why this company? they are expanding, growing 10% unprecedented in their industry, benefits are amazing, leadership and management style envied, FORTUNE 100 BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR 2 YEARS IN A ROW, low turnover, subsidiaries in 150 countries, privately held, no debt, etc
* Relocation with 3 months paid temporary housing.
* Catered lunches.
* Family Medical clinic onsite.
* No cost Medical/Dental to employee.
* Retirement Savings Plan.
* Tuition reimbursement.
* Health club reimbursement.
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT MANAGER
* Develops new products in conjunction with Marketing, Engineering and Sales Management personnel.
* Manages day to day progress of product
* Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
* Coordinates technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production specific to product line
* Establishes operational and project objectives and assignments and delegates assignments to project team.
* Directs and coordinates the activities of project team personnel (engineering, manufacturing, procurement, marketing and quality) to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget.
* Performs market analysis, product strategy and research and development.
* Conducts surgeon and sales rep product and procedure training.
* Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
* Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
* Establish and maintain relationships with key surgeons.
* Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development
* Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces market, distribution/channel issues, and manages mature product through phase-out.
* Manages the development stage of the product life cycle.
* Responsible for ensuring that all customer requirements are met including the monitoring of test reports, documentation of instructions, etc.
* Defines promotional activities, publicizing the product through the press, sales force, and alternate distribution channels.
* Travels up to 30%.
* A combination of both medical device/software sales and marketing/product management experience or clinical experience is essential.
* 5+ years experience in software based medical device or medical software marketing/product management and/or sales is required.
* Knowledge of medical device/software development, marketing, and sales.
* Knowledge of healthcare IT department practices and operations, including understanding of healthcare security and privacy policies and standards (e.g., HIPAA), general networking, IT hardware, etc.
* Ability to converse with and address technical concerns from healthcare IT professionals.
Affinity Executive Search