Excellent Pilates Teachers Needed for Privates and Groups
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Montclair Village Pilates
Montclair Village Pilates is looking for amazing teachers.
• Friendly and welcoming;
• A peaceful Pilates retreat in the heart of a bustling neighborhood;
• Committed to exceptional-quality movement instruction;
• Passionate about sharing our love of Pilates with the world;
• Literally right above Peet's Coffee. :)
At MVP, we care deeply about our clients and strive to make every session enjoyable. We want clients to feel better walking out of our studio than they did walking in. We are seeking teachers for privates, semi-privates, and groups.
We embrace and welcome all styles of Pilates. All teacher training program graduates welcome to apply! We would especially love to find teachers who have experience with/exposure to both classical and contemporary approaches. We feature apparatus by Balanced Body, Peak, and more. We offer excellent compensation and teacher perks.
• Fully certified by a 500-hour or more comprehensive Pilates teacher training program (certificate and insurance required)
• Knowledgeable about some, if not all, of the following: using Pilates/movement for post-rehab, pre/post-natal Pilates, back pain/conditions, arthritis, scoliosis. Many of our clients have one or more conditions that need special attention.
• Open-minded, a positive communicator, and willing to share space and equipment with other teachers and clients.
• Able to commit to being booked at least 3 days per week, and able to teach at least 10 per week minimum. (Although we can't guarantee new teachers 10 hours per week immediately, we will do our best to refer our new clients to excellent teachers as they come into the studio.)
• Willing to substitute for classes or private sessions whenever possible.
• Professional and highly skilled at self-management--MVP teachers function as Independent Contractors.
• Able to respond quickly to email, phone, and text communications regarding scheduling and studio needs.
• Proficient at MindBody Online--or willing to learn ASAP; we use this system for all our scheduling and client tracking.
• Looking for a place to teach for at least a year--perhaps many years!
HOURS NEEDED: These are all the times we could use teachers--you don't need to be available at all of these times, However, we have very specific scheduling needs at this time. Please DON'T apply if you aren't available at any of these times, or only interested in occasional subbing...we need teachers who can commit to being in the space regularly.
• MONDAYS--FRIDAYS: 3pm--9pm (early mornings are a possibility as well)
• SATURDAYS: 9am--3pm
• SUNDAYS: Anytime
Does this sound like you? Let's talk! Please email with:
-Your contact information
-A teaching resume, including teacher training, teaching experience, and any specialties you have
-Your available hours
Qualified teachers will receive an email, following up with additional information regarding rates, perks, and potential meeting times.
MVP is your urban Pilates retreat! We are a team of experienced Pilates teachers dedicated to the well-being of our clients and the highest-quality movement training. Our invigorating, thoughtful workouts will challenge your strength, stretch, balance, control, and mind-body connection. MVP teachers possess extensive expertise in the areas of post-rehabilitative instruction, post/prenatal methodologies, and fitness Pilates.
Our group classes have no more than 4 students each, so you are guaranteed maximum personal attention. We are happy to serve the Oakland, Piedmont, Laurel, Montclair Village and other East Bay areas. Come visit us for a private, duet, or small group class...you'll feel great!