Capital Planning Manager / Senior Manager
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Morgan Stanley USA
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 2,500 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Capital Team manages the Firm's long-term capital resources on a global basis. The Team develops policies regarding equity capital requirements, capital structure, dividends and stock repurchases; promotes the optimal use of Firm capital while ensuring compliance with regulatory and Firm capital requirements; provides strategic analysis and guidance around issues and transactions with capital implications; and co-ordinates the Firm's stress test as required by the Federal Reserve Board and the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Perform key capital planning responsibilities related to capital planning documentation, governance, scenario design and effectiveness
- Produce presentations for Firm Senior Management and the Board of Directors
- Assist in the production and coordination of capital adequacy assessments
- Coordinate with various groups across the Firm, including Risk and Finance, to source capital planning inputs
- Maintain Process, Risk, and Control Standards for Capital Planning
- Support capital planning and stress testing process enhancements and internal control initiatives
- High degree of technical proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint
- Ability to quickly understand business process tasks / dependencies, data flows, and users roles / responsibilities
- Strong analytic, writing and presentation skills, including ability to summarize complex business problems and detailed analysis with clarity and brevity
- Ability to work on multiple projects under compressed timeline
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional experience in financial services
- Financial reporting, regulatory reporting and/or Capital Planning experience is a plus
- Accounting/internal controls, or consulting background is a plus
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to create clear and concise communications using strong analytic and writing skills
- Ability to intelligently forward plan and prioritize for deadlines
- Confident, proactive, and independent self-starter
- Proven track record of great teamwork and ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Experience in cross-functional project management
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high-energy level environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client service skills Capital Planning Manager / Senior Manager
The Madison Square Garden Company
Goldman Sachs USA
Morgan Stanley USA