Injection Molding Engineer
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Elevate Direct
Injection Molding Engineer - Limerick
The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical support to all engineering activities within the Injection Molding group at Vision Care Ireland. Working in a high-speed, highly automated environment the range of applications includes; mechanical transfer systems, moulding, robotics, pneumatics, process and raw materials. While experience and knowledge of Injection molding processes is important this position also requires strong biased towards supporting the electromechanical activities of the Injection Molding Engineering team.
These activities include but are not limited to:
- Production Support and maintenance activities
- Lead quality improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Participate as a project manager and/or key team member in projects requiring input from the Injection Molding Engineering team.
- Ensure that manufacturing engineering activities are carried out according to company operating procedures, and that a high level of productivity and quality is achieved and maintained.
- Ensure that all activities carried out are compliant with Vision Care Ireland quality system requirements.
- Source and install new equipment and processes to enable the achievement of optimum levels of Quality, Cost & Cycle Time
- Prepare, review and approve change requests and other quality system documentation requiring manufacturing engineering sign-off.
- Plan and execute projects to ensure that project timelines, quality and cost targets are met.
- Ability to analyze & resolve engineering issues of a broad scope using independent judgment
- Continuous Improvement & Lean initiatives to include, cost effectiveness through automation & process optimization.
- Work closely to build effective relationships with Production, Quality and Regulatory teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Primary Degree in Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- High level of experience in mechanical and electrical systems
- Knowledge and experience of high volume injection molding equipment and processes.
- Medium to high volume automation experience pneumatics, pick and place, vision systems, robotics and ideally including PLC/Controls Familiarity with validation and statistical analysis tools.
- Excellent root cause analysis and problem solving skills
- Foundation knowledge of Lean Sigma principles
- experience in general Manufacturing Engineering, with a focus on electro/mechanical systems & their application in a manufacturing environment
- Automation, PLC/Software experience FDA, ISO13485 or equivalent experience
- Project Management training and experience
Johnson & Johnson is an American multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturer founded in 1886.
This job with Johnson & Johnson is a temporary assignment and is being managed by Kelly Services on behalf of Johnson & Johnson. Successful candidates will be placed at the Johnson & Johnson assignment and managed by Kelly Services
If you match these requirements, please apply in the normal way. Elevate will send you an email, please open, click and action that email and your application will be visible to the hiring organisation directly.