Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Red 10
Reinsurance Technician - Insurance/Reinsurance/London Markets/General Insurance
To calculate, issue and monitor Reinsurance recoveries for a large insurer's portfolios. To maintain associated records on in-house Reinsurance System.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Working with a team of Reinsurance Technicians based in our London office to analyse inwards claim details, identify, calculate, issue and monitor Facultative reinsurance recoveries.
- Provide reinsurance details on large claim movements within strict deadlines.
- Gain proficiency on usage of in-house reinsurance system, review contract entry and recovery details ensuring details are accurately captured and produce associated management information for a variety of customers.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Brokers and Claims Adjusters to ensure any Reinsurer queries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Compliance with departmental month/quarter end deadline requirements.
- Ongoing maintenance of process documents ensuring that they remain relevant and accurate.
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Market experience, ideally in Facultative reinsurance.
- Strong analytical and numerical ability, in order to interrogate large data sets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to explain technical concepts clearly
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills