Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Huxley Banking & Financial Services
Excellent opportunity with a top tier bank
Role with great exposure to Finance, Treasury and Front OfficeAbout Our Client
This London based Hedge Accountant role is with a leading financial services organisation.Job Description
The successful candidate for this London based Hedge Accountant role will focus on one off complex transactions including:
- Analysis and reporting the hedge accounting impact of the transaction on the Group, including the impact on capacity on the existing hedge accounting models
- Analysis, reporting and understanding the legal entity impact of the transaction
- Ensuring from a governance perspective that issues are highlighted to key stakeholders on a timely basis trough the complex transaction review process and escalated appropriately
- Ensuring completeness of sign off from various stakeholders
The analysis you undertake into one off complex transactions will be high profile, involve significant stakeholder interaction and your day to day role will benefit from a real breadth and variety.The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Hedge Accountant role will have the following exposure:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the purpose of a Group Treasury function within a Bank
- Hands-on experience and in-depth understanding of how one-off complex transactions need to be accounted for under IAS39/IFRS9 and the impacts this has on the financial position
- Extensive knowledge of banking products
While Hedge Accounting experience is highly desirable, it is not essential for successfully securing this role. an in depth understanding of the products and risks associated with the products is of greater importance.
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.