Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Michael Page Human Resources
Managing the day to day operational and strategic HR processes for a growing, creative organisation with an excellent culture.
A growing, creative organisation with an excellent culture.
The HR Manager has ultimate responsibility for all people based activity within the organisation from an operational, strategic and project perspective.
- Managing the day to day operational HR processes;
- Managing a variety of HR processes at any one time and being the first point of contact for all employee relations related issues (Discipline, performance, grievance, redundancy, maternity, paternity, sickness etc.)
- Review and streamlining of current employment contracts and internal HR policies, bringing best practice into the organisation and setting objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasises empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment and shared values and ambition
- Ensuring legal compliance with regards to employment contracts, GDPR, IR35 and other relevant legislation
- Implementing and maintaining annual performance review process
- Annual salary reviews
- Resource planning and forecasting
- Act as the face of the business internally by being visible to the employee population and supporting on all HR related queries
- Accountability for the strategic people agenda;
- Develop and implement an HR strategy in line with the business plan, that is flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur in this growing company
- Support the Talent Manager in creating a positive Training, Learning and Development environment; identification of appropriate blended learning methods from entry level through to management and leadership development, as well as gap analysis in currently learning needs.
- Development of staff induction process
- Supporting the Talent and Recruitment Manager on strategic recruitment programmes (employer branding and attraction, salary benchmarking etc.) to facilitate significant headcount growth
- Compensation and benefits packages review
- Implementation of recognition and reward framework
- Development of a roadmap and execution of plan to strive towards Investors in People awards
- Organisational design and development of the HR team
- Working closely with - and in support of - the Executive Directors and other department heads to develop and deliver people management strategies which support the Board's overall strategic aims and objectives
- Diversity and Inclusion - supporting the CEO on the internal Diversity and Inclusion initiative, particularly with the people strategy for an educational support programme to increase participation, interest and engagement in the industry and to make sure that the business is promoted as an employer of excellence in this area
- Improving the HR output from the current internal system. Allowing for automation of existing HR processes, the facilitation of new processes and striving for efficiency gains
- Help to ensure that all staff enjoy their work, appreciate and value the contribution they are making to the company and support their continued growth
- Extensive experience at a senior HR level with the ability to operationally run an HR department, whilst acting strategically and in the best interests of the board and employees
- Qualified CIPD member to at least Level 5
- Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of UK employment law and HR best practice
- Experience in the development and implementation of employment policies, HR procedures and systems
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly, with an "all hands on deck" approach
- Influencing, persuading, coaching and negotiating skills
- Proven ability to work with - and report in to - senior board members
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to meet deadlines
- Experience within a start-up organisation, or a high growth SME
- Experience within a creative industry
- Experience with international HR legislation (potentially to bring global operations in to a centralised UK function)
Next to good terms of employment, the organisation offers you the opportunity to work in an excellent and responsible working environment within a dynamic, ambitious company, with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but they work hard and have a company motto of "if it needs doing, do it!", reflecting their "all hands on deck approach.
The CEO is fully supportive of the establishment of a specialist and thorough HR offering and as such, will allocate resources and budget where possible to invest in to impactful business proposals.
- Competitive salary
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Flexible working environment