Assistant Professor - Education
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by UW-Green Bay Professional Program in Education
The Professional Program in Education at the University of Wisconsin - Green Bay seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Teacher Education.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Teach foundations and methods courses in the Program, along with possibly teaching others undergraduate or graduate courses in areas consistent with expertise and program needs.
- Demonstrate effective understanding of, and experience with, teacher preparation processes.
- Advise students.
- Perform scholarly activities consistent with rank.
- Perform institutional service and contribute to the ongoing programmatic development within the Profession Program of Education.
- Establish professional relationships with PK-12 schools and other community organizations.
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to display a demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching, service and scholarship and a commitment to undergraduate education. The candidate should also possess communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues.Requirements
- Earned doctorate in Education, or closely related field, from an accredited institution by start date.
- Expertise and/or experience in urban education or culturally relevant pedagogy
- Three years of experience working in a PK-12 educational setting
- Knowledge of teacher preparation processes
- Experience teaching ESL methods, bilingual education courses, or courses in social context of education
- Experience partnering with PK-12 districts
- Current teaching license
University of Wisconsin-Stout