User Experience Designer
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by GuideStar
What you will do:
• Design user experiences - working closely with the Products team to outline how users will move through our products
• Design interfaces - work with the Products and Design teams to create visuals for how features will look and function
• Sketch concepts, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes to find innovative solutions to problems
• Conduct user testing with the Products team to gain a better understanding of user needs
• Participate in product and design discussions with the team
• Collaborate with teammates to create polished experiences focused on user needs
GuideStar has offices across the country and a diverse staff. We're a nonprofit with a strong earned revenue model. Millions of users use GuideStar's free and paid products every year for a wide variety of reasons. Given all of this complexity, we're looking for someone who has experience dealing with complex design challenges in ways that balanced competing needs of their organization, team, stakeholders, and users.
No one has all the answers and great new ideas come from understanding and incorporating new perspectives. You are as equally confident in offering your point of view as you are in admitting that you don't know something. We strive to be candid and transparent with each other, as well as with our users and stakeholders.
If you're interested in working on user experience design, please consider applying even if your background doesn't perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
We are looking for someone to start this role in early 2019. We will only schedule interviews with candidates who provide a portfolio of prior work. Interviews will be with the VP of Products and Senior Director of Design. This position will report to the Senior Director of Design.
Help us strengthen the nonprofit sector and make the world a better place.
GuideStar USA Inc. is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
Please visit our website at
What you have:
• Passion for user-centered design and collaborative work
• Experience designing for web and mobile
• Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools
• Eagerness to learn, expand your skills, and try new tools
• Talent for creating elegant design solutions
• A strong portfolio of product design work
• Healthy ego and emotional intelligence, and enthusiasm for understanding and incorporating new perspectives
• Commitment to the mission
• Minimum one year of experience
Join an Innovative Nonprofit That is Changing the Nonprofit Sector!
GuideStar is the world's largest source of information on nonprofit organizations-and the job of our UX design team is to make that data come to life. We are excited to be working on new data visualizations, a redesigned user experience, and tools to contextualize our data. We believe we must go beyond the question of what data is available-and figure out how to make it useful.
And this is what we care about: better data will lead to better decisions and, with your help, better decisions can help lead to a better world.
We're looking for a User Experience Designer to join our team full time to help us create amazing web experiences. You'll work with our Products and Design team in uptown Oakland and with our teammates in other offices.
• Full-time position
• Oakland, CA
To apply, please e-mail your resume to .