Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Thompson Hine LLP
We are seeking candidates for a Full time Secretary in our downtown Cleveland office. Scheduled hours will be 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. or 9:30 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. This position will perform legal secretarial/administrative assistant duties for attorneys and/or paralegals in the Commercial & Public Finance Practice Group.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Types correspondence, memoranda, and other legal documents to be reviewed by attorney/paralegal.
- Answers telephone calls, takes messages or sends callers to voicemail system if preferred.
- Reads, sorts, and date stamps incoming mail. Ensures that outgoing mail is timely delivered. If necessary, routes mail to specific delivery service and follows up on timely delivery.
- Establishes and maintains calendar, contact lists, and deadline reminder systems.
- Maintains attorney and general office files.
- Reviews and prepares files to be closed when matters are complete.
- Greets clients and visitors; maintains good customer service with external and internal clients; observes confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Schedules appointments and travel arrangements.
- Enters attorney and paralegal time into the timekeeping system.
- Works with Billing Department and billing attorney to review and revise billing Proformas. Assist in finalizing bills for client mailing.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Candidate must have excellent customer service skills.
Ideal candidate will be team oriented, flexible and a problem solver. Individual must be capable of working independently, detail oriented, confidential, dependable, and display good judgment.
Ideal candidate will also have excellent computer skills with experience in Windows 10, Microsoft Suite Office 2010 including advanced knowledge in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and a working knowledge of Nuance.
Excellent proofreading and the ability to apply grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills a must.
Additional qualifications include solid organizational skills, detail orientation and ability to multi-task under pressure.
High school diploma or equivalent, certificate or degree a plus. Minimum of 3 years of secretarial/administrative experience preferred.
To apply, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser and submit your application.
TERRA Staffing Group
Heather KS Nalley
Robinson & McElwee, PLLC
Hall, Lamb, Hall & Leto, P.A.
Thompson Hine LLP
Thompson Hine LLP