Director, Membership Development
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Greater Cleveland Partnership
The primary function of the Director, Membership Development is to sell new middle market investor-level memberships. This individual will be responsible for prospecting, acquiring and retaining a book of business. Key functions of this position include maintaining the organization's knowledge and information on Northeast Ohio's companies and utilizing a working knowledge on the GCP membership value proposition to develop a pro-active approach to Investor membership development.
- Act as a primary face for the GCP working as a primary contact for member needs and interests, as a representative at business and community events, and as a knowledgebase for the GCP's strategic work in Northeast Ohio.
- Prospect and sell tier 6 investor-level memberships.
- Build a prospect list of Northeast Ohio target companies utilizing research, lists, referrals, etc.
- Retain a book of current members as identified by the Vice President, Membership Development and Service. This includes outreach, follow-up conversations and meetings to retain and further engage these companies in the organization.
- Maintain and promote the membership value proposition - including benefits, discount programs, and involvement in driving the GCP's strategic initiatives and business agenda.
- Work with the Investor Retention Specialist to maintain information on leading area companies and members using a variety of online and electronic databases to compile company profiles and assign annual dues amounts to investor level companies.
- Serve as front-line contact for retention of tier 6 investor-level members.
- Increase referral rate of assigned members through effective service delivery and communications.
- Engage members and prospects through face-to-face meetings, phone conversations, social media, email, events, and other formats as appropriate.
- Personally evaluate assigned member needs and customize a plan for them to maximize the value of their membership.
- Utilize CRM as a primary tool for managing and monitoring member and prospect data.
- Other job-related functions as assigned
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related discipline
- 5-7 years of business-to-business sales experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills including experience presenting with C-level business leaders and larger groups
- Knowledge of Greater Cleveland's business community
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook required as well as the ability to use a variety of online research software.