Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Community Care Network
Under direction, the Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the administration, development, evaluation and coordination of the various residential programs and all clinical services within the Out-of-Home Services division. The Clinical Coordinator is also responsible for supervising staff, ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements, laws and standards and ensuring the success and effectiveness of the division's clinical services.
1. Education, Training, and/or Experience:
A Master's degree in a related field; Doctorate preferred.
A minimum of five (5) years experience in providing therapeutic, residential, social or program services to children and families.
2. Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
Licensed by the State of Ohio as a Licensed Independent Social Worker with Supervision Designation (LISW-S), a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor with Supervision Designation (PCC-S), or a Licensed Psychologist.
Must have and maintain a valid Ohio Driver's License, appropriate driving record, and appropriate insurance coverage at all times (as required by agency policy and/or insurance carriers).
Successful completion of all required pre-hire tests and proof of current TB test upon hire
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals to perform the essential duties.
1. Plans, directs and coordinates programs and staff and oversees the clinical services and clinical staff of all residential programs
2. Develops, plans and implements administration, program policies, procedures, and goals for the residential programs
3. Group curriculum, scheduling on-call list
4. Participates in the development of the annual budget
a. Researches and prepares program grants; administers grants
5. Recommends staffing levels
6. Administers, monitors and evaluates program's, projects and services; projects needs
a. Coordinates with Intake to ensure that program utilization is maximized
7. Evaluates, assesses and plans program goals, effectiveness and consumer satisfaction in conjunction with division Director
8. Oversees the clinical decision-making within residential programs and services
a. Works in close cooperation with the division Director in the use of clinical therapists and individual or group therapeutic interventions
b. Ensures the development of individualized, clinically sound treatment options for children
9. Works with staff to continually upgrade the quality of clinical services to division clients
a. Provides diagnostic assessment, psychological services and counseling to residents
10. Prepares reports and summaries as needed; ensures the completion and timeliness of all required documentation
a. Establishes record-keeping practices that comply with professional standards and agency licensing, rules and regulations
b. Monitors staff accountability, outcomes and productivity
11. Ensures program and clinical quality and compliance with professional standards, agency, licensing or other regulatory standards and requirements including clinical record-keeping practices
a. Implements program/services improvements
12. Assists with the planning and development of on-going continual education/training programs for all clinical staff
13. Ensures effective coordination and exchange of information with staff and other provider/network agency programs
14. Serves as a community resource for local agencies and others interested in our programs
a. Interprets and represents assigned programs within the community and with outside agencies
15. Interviews candidates for positions and recommends hiring to division Director
16. Ensures that assigned employees receive orientation, in-service and development training
17. Monitors the work of employees and ensures compliance with policies and procedures
18. Ensures appropriate staff coverage; establishes and maintains staff schedules
19. Reviews time sheets, authorizes overtime and leave requests for assigned staff
20. Provide input in evaluating employee performance
21. Participates in long-range planning for the division
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains and/or increases knowledge, skills and abilities
2. Attends agency and client-related meetings and/or committees as necessary and/or as assigned
a. Serves on appropriate committees in the community and at state-level
3. Participates in and contributes to agency-related professional in-service trainings
4. Participates in providing emergency on-call clinical and consultative services
5. Performs other duties as assigned and/or needed.
6. Assists with providing transportation of clients, as needed
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Personal Characteristics:
- Knowledge and support of agency mission, goals, policies and procedures*
- Knowledge of applicable division rules, regulations and standards, including ethical professional practice*
- Knowledge of mental health administration including the rules, regulations, functions, procedures organization and policies impacting the programs and services in the Intensive Out-of-Home Services division
- Knowledge of basic administrative principles and practices including personnel, budget and grant administration
- Knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development, diagnostic testing methods, child placement and protection laws, therapeutic and residential treatment modalities and applicable therapeutic/clinical services
- Ability to identify clinical needs of the division and develop plans to meet them
- Ability to maintain professional licensure and good standing within the social work profession
- Ability to establish a rapport with clients and their families
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with state and community leaders
- Ability to prepare and/or ensure accurate, concise, timely and complete records and reports
- Working knowledge of community resources related to division clients*
- Ability to maintain appropriate and required confidentiality ensuring the integrity of sensitive information (written and/or verbal)
- Ability to identify qualified employees and maintain a positive work environment for employees
- Ability to establish performance standards and improve employee performance with training, coaching and/or discipline
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, engage in a variety of tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively resolve and/or respond to inquires, complaints and/or conflicts
. May be acquired after hire.
- Physical capacity for frequent bending, stooping and lifting.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in a facility or residence with multiple levels and without elevators or mechanical transportation.
- Operate a computer and keyboard.
Smoke-free working environment.
Ability to provide services during non-traditional working hours.
Ability to travel to provide services.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change in accordance with the needs of Cleveland Christian Home.
Community Care Network
Memorial Hermann Health System
WellStar Health System
Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System
Baltimore City Community College
Affinity Executive Search
Jefferson Dental Clinics
Jefferson Dental Clinics