IT Project Manager
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by DIXONS CARPHONE
Dixons Carphone are going through an unprecedented period of change and transformation, with IT taking centre stage. We are now looking for an IT Project Manager to manage medium to large sized IT projects from initiation through to implementation spanning across the Dixons Carphone Group's business.
- Takes responsibility for the management of and successful execution of large, high-profile and ambiguous Product and Technology delivery projects that span across 3rd Party Clients and multiple business units potentially totalling over £1m in cost.
- Builds and manages one or more large project teams built from internal and multiple third parties. Monitoring the deployment of individuals to ensure that they are contributing effectively from an outcome based perspective.
- Provides very strong leadership to the project team and actively represents the project team to stakeholders.
- Ensures a high standard of project governance.
- Ensures strong working relationships across Clients, 3rd Parties, and the Dixons Carphone Group business are built rapidly and sustained through the project lifecycle.
- Ensures that comprehensive project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and proactively managed.
- Manages and communicates project interdependencies clearly.
- Ensures that realistic and accurate estimates of costs, timescales, quality and resource requirements are agreed and proactively manages any deviations through to project closure.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Expert knowledge of relevant project management methodologies, development life cycles etc.
- Expert knowledge of financial forecasting and budget management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of programme and project organisation structures and the ability to build teams who are set up for success.
- Good knowledge of resource and service management tools and techniques when working with multiple third parties.
- Good knowledge of influencing techniques.
- Experience of delivering Technology Projects in Retail and/or Telecoms.
- Experience in effective team coaching and managing high performance teams.
Dixons Carphone is Europe's number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people's expertise to reach out and help new customers. What's more - we're exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It's an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.
Meridian Business Support
Clinical Professionals Limited
House of Commons
London Stock Exchange Group
First Recruitment Services Limited
New Look Retailers Ltd