Farm Assistant: Full and Part Time Roles across Cumbria
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Anonymous
Vacancies Available -
* HG-MB-AGRI-47 - 46 Hours - South Cumbria
* HG-MB-AGRI-48 - 46 Hours - South Cumbria
* HG-MB-AGRI-49 - 46 Hours - South Cumbria
* HG-MB-AGRI-50 - 30 Hours - North Lancashire
* HG-MB-AGRI-51 - 46 Hours - Carlisle
Job Detail -
* These are permanent positions, working between 30 and 46 hours per week as per farm needs but must also support local farms in the area.
* Applicants must have a flexible approach to days worked/days off.
* Days worked will be 6 with a typical start time of 07:30am.
* The role will include the following duties: caring for poultry, ensuring a clean and tidy farm and any general farm duties necessary in maintaining good standards.
* Previous experience of working on a poultry farm would be advantageous but not essential. Full training will be given.
Duties May Include -
* Contribute to that department/ add value by developing requisite skills in this area in line with company competency framework.
* To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
* To maintain correct and up to date records of all matters relating to birds, food, supplies etc.
* To assist other operations such as vaccinating, bird weighing and catching and collection, thus maintaining a smooth operation through processing, aimed specifically to Customer satisfaction.
* To be aware of basic first aid should anyone require attention.
* To be in possession of the Basic Food Hygiene certificate as per E.U. Ruling.
* To take responsibility, in conjunction with the Farm Manager, for self-development and training in all aspects of farm management.
* Maintain communication with the farm management team regarding the performance of the crop, thus ensuring the efficient performance of each flock.
* Maintain the professional integrity and appearance of the farm at all times.
* Bird welfare must be of utmost priority at all times.
* To maintain at all times the required high standards of housekeeping, ensuring that the farm is kept clean and tidy, all roadways are free of litter or weeks and the grass is well cut so that the best image of the Company is being portrayed and the risk of vermin contamination is reduced.
* To monitor ventilation, heating, feed, water and lighting patterns within agreed guidelines, so that the highest quality atmosphere and condition in which the birds can thrive is achieved.
* Ensuring, always that their welfare is not jeopardised in any way.
* To ensure that all procedures are carried out to Company specifications. Chemicals are utilised safely and to correct levels by monitoring the activities of the Service Teams, so that the microbiological integrity of the farms' hygiene is always maintained. Any shortfall in such procedures should be reported immediately to the Farm Manager.
* To have a basic understanding and working knowledge of the operation of all equipment on the farm. Liaising with the Farm Manager in order that defects are corrected promptly and without jeopardising the birds' welfare. This includes fault finding and identification of minor or emergency repairs where these can be carried out safely and competently.
* To ensure that all aspects of Company policy regarding health and safety are adhered to so that bad practices which could be injurious to self, other employees or visitors are eliminated.
* To take part in the responsibility for the overall security of the farm at all times.
* Ensuring that premises are locked up and all reasonable precautions are taken to deter entry of unauthorised personnel. To receive when required authorised personnel.
* To advise and recommend to the Farm Manager any improvements in methods and/or operation which could improve efficiency and economy.
* Any other duties as required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful, growing and leading company which provides opportunities for collaborative team-based working, learning, development and career advancement together with attractive, competitive and comprehensive remuneration packages.
If you believe that you have the relevant experience, expertise and knowledge for this position we would like to speak to you.
Hunter Global Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment / and employment business for the supply of temporary workers
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited