Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Anonymous
The Caretaking Apprentice role:
The Caretaker role's main purpose is to keep Peabody's estate clean, tidy, safe and making it as a great place to live. This role will be within the Estate Services team and Customer Service Directorate and will support the operational delivery caretaking services.
We will aim to place the successful apprentices in estates that are within a reasonable distance of their homes.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Caretaking Apprentice:
- Clean communal internal and external areas
- Be responsible for courteous, efficient customer service conduct at all times, sign posting residents to resolve problems relating to other Peabody departments
- Handle resident issues efficiently and effectively while maintaining Peabody Behaviours
- Be responsible for reporting any unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the residents or the property.
- Raise repairs in communal areas following Peabody internal processes
- Work in partnership with the local authority to ensure residual waste is removed each week
- Carry out safety inspections and health and safety checks of communal areas
- Be responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by Peabody
- Reporting any fire or safety issues following Peabody's internal procedures
- Provide support to the grounds maintenance team with weeding, leaf clearance and reporting of horticultural concern
- Lead and promote a positive health and safety culture, ensuring, as far as practicable, that activities are carried out under your control and in accordance with Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Heads of Service or their nominees, which may include working outside normal working hours.
Skills/Experience required by the Caretaking Apprentice:
The role does not require extensive experience or pre acquired skills. On-the-job training will be provided during the apprenticeship. It is important the candidate has:
- Willingness to learn new skills and be flexible in your approach
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Proven time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Strong approach to teamwork and the ability to collaborate and step-up when to help the organisation achieve its mission
- Good English verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic English (written) and Maths skills
- Ability to carry out manual work responsibilities
- Capacity and willingness to receive training in the use of special equipment, materials and chemicals
- Demonstrable experience and skills managing customer relationships to ensure a high level of customer care and satisfaction
- Awareness of health and safety and risk related issues
Closing date & time: Tuesday 11th December 2018 - 5.00pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Caretaking Apprentice please click 'Apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST