Junior Sous Chef
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Anonymous
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Chef de Partie/Junior Sous Chef for one of our clients in Green Park, Reading. You will be working in a prestigious, busy environment. Therefore, experience is essential.
What we are looking for:
* Minimum 2 years' experience at Chef de Partie/Junior Sous Chef level, preferably in Business and Industry.
* Knowledge of all sections in the Kitchen.
* Working knowledge of HACCP procedures and recording.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Good time management and organisation skills.
What you will be doing:
* Assisting the Senior Chefs in all aspects of the kitchen.
* Ensuring that the production, preparation and presentation of food items is of the highest quality at all times.
* Ensuring customer satisfaction by dealing with customer/visitor complaints and ensuring customers/visitors/staff with disabilities and food allergies are assisted whenever needed
* Ensuring and controlling levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
* Being aware of local requirements, market needs, competition, trends, recipes, potential costs, availability of food & beverage products, merchandising and promotions.
* Ensuring efficient stock rotation and assist the Head Chef when placing orders.
* Ensuring effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
* Working everyday towards the department profitability/cost targets.
If this sounds like you please apply now or call Tomas on (Apply online only)