Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Anonymous
Job Summary - To:
• Comply with relevant Cygnet Health Care policy, procedure and standards, and local protocol, including attendance at training provided by the company, to ensure safe and effective functioning of the department and hospital as a whole.
• Comply with the guidance and supervision of the duty chef, delivering meals and beverages to patients, staff and visitors to the hospital.
• Comply with the guidance and supervision of the duty chef, providing cleaning services for food areas.
Key Duties - To:
• Follow the direction of the head chef in terms of preparation of food, including plating and presenting of meals.
• Present food in buffet areas at meal times and at other times on request in keeping with the standards of the department, hospital and company.
• Serve beverages to patient, staff and visitors in accordance with local protocol.
• Ensure beverage areas are correctly stocked and clean and tidy at all times.
• Follow the direction of the head chef in terms of providing cleaning in food preparation areas including but not limited to deep cleaning of kitchen appliances.
• Clean food service and staff dining areas in accordance with local protocol
• Maintain personal hygiene to comply with Cygnet standards and food hygiene regulations including appearance and clothing.
• Clean and maintain kitchen equipment, surfaces and storage areas in accordance with procedure for safe working, and hygiene regulations.
• Regarding Meeting Rooms, provide cleaning and preparation for beverages and buffets.
• Handle and store equipment and chemicals in accordance with procedures for safe working in the catering department and compliance with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations.
All employees will from time to time find themselves answering an incoming call; it is essential all calls be answered in 3 rings and a professional image is maintained at all times, as the answered call is the first point of contact for any potential referrer or patient.
In the interests of safety and comfort of all, employees are expected to dress appropriately whilst at work