Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Anonymous
Hours: 9am - 5pm or 10am - 6pm with evening support 7pm - 10pm (3 evenings a week are covered full time 6pm - 10pm)
This is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Manager to join a rapidly expanding business based in Bournemouth.
* Main duties are to oversee and ensure the administrative areas of the booking process come together whilst ensuring customer service elements are in accordance with the company policy.
* To ensure the team perform the duties to the best of their abilities ensuring always its within keeping of company policy and procedures
* Responsible for making sure the team complete the required tasks on a daily, weekly monthly basis.
* To ensure all Travel Consultants have full support provided by the team in all required areas to meet the needs and expectations of the Travel Consultant and their customers
* Lead support for Franchise Partners to meet the needs and expectations of their team of Travel Consultants, and their customers
* Investigate and solve any issues and complaints risen from the Franchise Partners and Travel Consultants, for reporting and highlight when required
* Plan and allocate resources effectively to team members and accomplish the work to meet departmental productivity and quality goals.
* Provide oversight and direction to the team collectively and individually
* Review performance data that includes, sales, activity reports and spreadsheets, to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
* Provide support to all team members in all their duties, and assist the team where necessary. Lead the team to meet expectations for productivity, quality and goal accomplishment
* Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organizations and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
Staff Management Duties:
* Plan staffing levels to ensure full complement of team members cover the shifts required for the department
* Ensure holidays and sickness are covered and monitored for reporting and highlight any issues
* Over time can only be authorised if demonstrated that the extra hours are required. This can only be discussed and authorised with Head of Department
* If full complement of team members cannot be accomplished, it is the managers responsibility to ensure this is covered by themselves
* Plan, evaluate and improve efficiency of department process and procedures to enhance speed, quality efficiency and output
* Ensuring always all team members are fully trained on all tasks, alongside coaching, developing and overseeing onboarding of new team members
* Working alongside Training Team to highlight areas for improvement with Travel Consultants, ensuring company policy and procedures are in mind at all times
* Plan and evaluative development of team individuals by way of quarterly reviews
* You are to ensure that the team adhere to the department KPIs and SLA's and goals
* Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication.
* Conduct team Pulse Meetings, attend managers Team Pulse meetings and managers meetings
* Provide daily updates to Head of Operations for support and further training if and when required
* You will need to have at least 3-4 years' experience as a Manager of a team of more than 10 people
* Travel agent/tour operator shop manager experience would be an advantage. But not essential.
* The successful candidate will have a lot of administrative experience
* A proven ability to pick up tasks quickly is essential for the role
* You must be able to work on own initiative and manage your own workload
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our Data Protection, Privacy Notice and Full Equal Opportunities policies can be viewed here: https://(url removed)/privacy-policy
Hays Human Resources
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
CMA Financial Recruitment