Maintenance Engineer - electrical bias
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Anonymous
Your new company
Established in the early 1990's, this company is now a global design and engineering company with centres of excellence worldwide and an annual turnover of around €4bn. The company's seven divisions bring together sites with similar technologies and end-markets. At the same time, the close working partnerships that exist throughout the Group provide a healthy and constant exchange of knowledge and ideas. This ensures that they will always develop the best and most appropriate product for each customer, utilising and combining the necessary skills from anywhere within the company.
Your new role
This demanding and extremely varied role will require you to install, repair and service many different types of machinery on site. Your main duties will include:
* Maintain and service all machinery; including mechanical and electrical aspects. Including AC/DC drives and motors, PLC s Profibus and devicenet control systems etc.
* Assist in the installation and commissioning of equipment and machinery electrically, pneumatically and mechanically
* Troubleshoot faults with mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems in a wide variety of situations
* Troubleshoot faults with control gear and PLC systems
* Carry out PPM of machines and plant
* Carrying out other property / facilities / maintenance duties as required
* Monitoring, setting and maintenance of the heating, process water and lighting systems
* General building maintenance (changing light bulbs, emergency light testing, basic plumbing etc..)
* Perform routine checks such as fire alarm tests and PAT testing
* Input records to the Department work order recording database
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified industrial electrician with several years relevant experience, gained within the manufacturing sector. You have a broad knowledge of working with automatic machines and factory systems, and you also have good mechanical engineering skills, being able to help overhaul and maintain various plant and machinery. You can work on your own initiative but are also a strong team player with an organised, motivated approach to work. You understand how important the role of the Maintenance Engineer is by keeping machinery working to optimum levels and downtime to a minimum.
What you'll get in return
You'll be offered a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package including a pension scheme with up to 6% company contribution, attendance bonus, free parking and 22 days holiday + statutory days. You will be joining a secure and progressive business with a strong order book and extensive investment. They have gone from only four machines when the business started to now running thirteen lines on their Corby site. Career progression is a highly probable for those that want it with opportunities to move jobs throughout the group.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.