Triage Officer (Homelessness)
Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Anonymous
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £20.00ph Umbrella / £15.83ph PAYE
Our client is a Local Authority based in Essex who are looking for a Triage Officer to sit within the Homelessness team for an initial 6-month contract. The position is available due to a slight restructure in the team and will be up for review at the end of the 6-month period.
This role sits 'Inside IR35'.
Customer service is of the utmost important to this Local Authority so any potential candidate must have demonstrated in previous roles that they have gone above and beyond. This council is coming under increased strain and is looking for people that are self sufficient and have the confidence to sign post clients to the correct department. Just as importantly you must demonstrate great interpersonal skills when dealing with clients.
About the role
* Offer prevention advice in the form of income maximisation
* 36 hour week with flexible working hours
* No scope to work from home
* Operate an effective frontline triage service
* Sign-post clients to appropriate department
* Up to date knowledge on HRA legislation
* Deal with incoming enquires from clients
If you have previous experience as a Housing Options / Homelessness Officer and are looking for your next move don't hesitate to get in touch