Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Anonymous
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Layouts Designer to join their growing team in Glasgow on a 6-12 month contract.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the role of Layouts Designer, you'll be responsible for:
* Operate within the functionality of the appropriate tools and techniques (e.g. Foran and CE) as directed by his/her supervisor.
* Produce and develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out detail design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
* Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a team.
To succeed within the role of Layouts Designer, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
* HNC or equivalent in relevant Engineering subject
* Marine background would be beneficial
* Experience with FORAN (CAD system) experience would be a distinct advantage
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
* Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
* Achieve a work/life balance
* Work on long term contracts
* Develop your skills at a prestigious company
* Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Layouts Designer, please send your CV to Alex Collins via the 'apply now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn