Head of Procurement & Supply Chain
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Anonymous
Salary and benefits: To be discussed
Key skills: Strategic procurement, Supply Chain, Supplier Management, Cost Saving, Negotiation, Stakeholder Management, Supplier Development, Category strategies, transformation project
My client, a global defence company, who are currently experiencing substantial growth, are currently looking for a Head of Procurement & Supply Chain (focusing on mechanical categories) on a permanent basis.
Main responsibilities of the role will be to help lead the transformation of the Procurement & Supply Chain function within the UK Mechanical domain. As the UK Head you will have budget responsibility across multiple Mechanical categories including Precision Machining, Composites, Optics, Fabrications & Fasteners. You will be accountable for developing critical Category strategies, supporting significant development milestones and production capability.
Finally, you will have the opportunity to build team capability to deliver critical business results through high levels of functional collaboration and team development.
* Lead the transformation of Procurement & Supply Chain activities in the UK Mechanical Domain.
* Manage & develop the team of Procurement & Supply Chain professionals to deliver against the ISP objectives, building internal relationships and enabling professional and personal development.
* Contribute to continuous improvement opportunities within the ISP organisation, representing ISP & the UK Mech Domain in wider business initiatives.
* Ensuring effective workload planning to deliver the ISP-S objectives, supporting the HR calendar and ensuring the wellbeing of the team is maintained
* Ensuring the definition & implementation Industrial Policy, Procurement & Supply Chain strategies consistent with MBDA requirements & policies
* Providing oversight, approval & governance to manage & execute commercial contract arrangements with suppliers, including frame contracts, building supplier relationships at senior levels.
* Manage the key Supply Chain activities required to deliver products throughout the product lifecycle.
* Ensure compliance & continuous improvement activities are established throughout the internal & external supply chain.
Successful candidate would ideally have/be:
* Degree (or relatable qualification) required
* Master degree (or relatable) highly advantageous
* Must have experience working within Defence or aerospace manufacturing (or relatable) environments
* Fantastic communication skills (verbal and written)
* A proven track record of effectively leading teams
* Confidence to manage suppliers and internal expectations and board level
* Must have a technical understanding of mechanical commodities
For further information on this opportunity please contact (url removed) phone (Apply online only).
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're proud to be one of the country's largest independent recruitment companies, supplying highly-skilled technology, change and engineering talent to clients within a range of specialist sectors.
Please visit our website (url removed)
Reed Procurement & Supply Chain