Homeless Prevention Officer
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Anonymous
• To provide a holistic assessment of housing and support needs for customers at risk of homelessness,
• Undertake assessments of duties owed under homelessness legislation and make referrals for emergency accommodation,
• Actively manage a case list ensuring, maintaining detailed and accurate records to ensure a clear audit trail for all cases,
• Actively participate in the MARAC framework by completing domestic abuse assessment and referrals.
• Excellent knowledge and experience of parts VI and VII of the Housing Act 1996 as amended by the Homelessness Reduction Act,
• Understanding of the causes and impact of homelessness,
• A proven track record of resolving issues impacting on homeless people in a creative way,
• Innovative and imaginative problem solving and negotiation skills,
• Excellent communication and literacy,
• Ability to cope in very high pressure environment,
• Emotionally resilient,
• Assertive yet diplomatic.
Please note that an enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this role.
To apply for this role please submit your cv via this website or contact Catherine Yates at the Manchester office of Search Consultancy.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
The Manchester College