Temporary Commis Chef
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by Anonymous
£8.00 per hour. Immediate start available.
What's in it for You?
The opportunity to work at a branded restaurant, in a fantastic environment as a Commis Chef and gain significant experience in a fast-paced environment. Attractive benefits package and employee pension on offer. Room for career progression.
One of the largest independent restaurant companies in the UK with restaurants located across the country.
As a Commis Chef, you'll be an important member of the Kitchen Brigade and a source of support to your Head Chef and Sous Chef.
Duties and Responsibilities
* To be hospitable, cooperative and polite with any guests and fellow front/ back of house team members always
* To ensure our guests receive all food requests to correct brand specification within timeframe appropriate to dish
* To ensure your food section is constantly supplied with the full range of menu items within your section
* To cook and prepare food items within your section to brand specifications always
* To maintain prep levels on your section helping to avoid shortages
* To maintain a clean and tidy appearance and work in an orderly manner in line with brand standards and legal requirement
* To store food items correctly and in rotation to minimise wastage
* To adhere to all standards as outlined in Food Safety Management System and Health and Safety Worksafe System.
* To assist in the training of any new team members as required
* To complete cleaning duties as per rotas and instructions of Kitchen Manager
* To help the front of house and back of house teams and colleagues in carrying out duties to ensure an effective and efficient operation of the restaurant
To be considered for this position you will have
* Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate (or demonstrate experience/knowledge of Health & Safety/hygiene requirements in a kitchen)
* A formal cooking qualification
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Previous experience as a Commis Chef in a small establishment or experience in a more junior position within a larger kitchen, including supervisory and training responsibilities
Excited and have the relevant skills, experience and qualifications? Call (Apply online only)
Across-the-Board Recruitment operates as a recruitment business and agency. Across-the-Board Recruitment and its clients are equal opportunities employers
Juice Recruitment Ltd