Occupational Therapist, Cheshire
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Anonymous
As an Occupational Therapist, your role will involve:
* Assessing the needs of ill and disabled Service Users to assist with equipment and adaptions in relation to their diagnosis or prognosis
* Assisting with Occupational Therapy Assessments including Moving and Handling, Blue Badge Work, bathing assessments
* Provide assessments for Service Users returning from hospital or nursing homes and provide equipment to facilitate discharge
* If needed, obtain funding from other agencies such as charities, NHS and other Social Services Teams
* Liaise with other agencies such as Housing, NHS, voluntary organizations, to ensure information dissemination is maximised.
* Negotiate with Service Users and agencies about the most appropriate way to provide adaptations having regard to budgetary needs.
* Check that completed adaptations meet the assessed need and if appropriate provide equipment to enable best use of the adaptations.
* Keep abreast of specialist knowledge related to moving and handling techniques and other developments within the Occupational Therapy field
To be suitable for this role, you must be a Qualified Occupational Therapist with at least 12 months experience in the field. We require someone with knowledge and experience of DFGs.
Please apply ASAP if you'd be interested, or contact a member of the team on (Apply online only) to discuss in more detail
Adria Solutions Ltd
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited