Operations Manager - Compliance
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Lorien
I am currently hiring for an Ops Manager with a passion for technology to work for a disruptive fintech business based in the heart of London. They provide payment services to a number of high profile companies
The role of the Compliance Operations Manager will be to own the day-to-day execution of projects within the compliance team. I am looking for someone who is self-driven, highly analytical, enjoys problem-solving, and is comfortable working on concurrent projects. The Compliance Operations Manager will report into the Head of Compliance Operations.
- Manage the implementation of new tools and process within the compliance team
- Implement and monitor: Controls around operational processes to ensure quality of work is to a high standard, Core Operational KPIs/metrics
- Continuously review current processes and suggest improvements to the process as well as systems used.
- Create, manage and execute projects to improve operational performance in line with business priorities
- Work cross-departmental to proactively identify and resolve operational compliance queries.
- Represent compliance when required in cross departmental projects.
- 3-5 years' experience in an operational role within a startup.
- Quantitative degree from a top university (Physics, Maths, Engineering, Economics)
- Has a deep desire to solve real problems and sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying solutions
- Has exceptional organisational skills and pays attention to detail
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence others
- Is adept at conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights and presenting findings and recommendations persuasively
- Ability to prioritise work by taking the impact and scale of the work into consideration, as well as managing time effectively to meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty
- Solid Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Working knowledge of visualisation tools (eg Tableau, Looker, Periscope)
- Working knowledge of AML policies and controls is a plus
- Experience in "ops-heavy" businesses
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age