Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Randstad Construction, Property and Engineering
We are currently recruiting for a Finishing Manager. Are you looking for a new contract in Peterborough?
- Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Contract type: Freelance
- Start date: ASAP
- Duration: 4 months
- Salary/Rate: £19 - £23 per hour (dependant upon experience)
- Randstad CPE contact: Shane Austin at the Welwyn Branch
A regional contractor with a strong 2017/18 order book that specialise in Education, Local Authority and Commercial new build and refurbishment construction sectors.
Nearing to the close of phase 1 with phase 2 concurrently running at 1st & 2nd fix stage the project is design & build commercial project involving several office blocks and some retail space.
Reporting in to a Senior Site Manager you will be responsible for managing the final quality of the internal finishes prior to sectional handovers your role will include but not be limited to:
- Manage subcontractors quality and ensure sections are defect free prior final inspection.
- Coordinate directly employed trades to complete snags and keep a detailed report of work carried out and completed.
- Order any required materials and plant via the office to ensure works can be completed in a timely fashion.
- Promote health & safety and safe methods of working.
- Provide regular progress updates to the Senior Site Manager.
- You will have gained circa 2+ years experience, ideally working for a main or principal contractor.
- Have the correct CITB qualifications for the position.
- SSSTS as a minimum
- Be able to control multiple subcontractor packages and direct labour.
- Recent and relevant experience.
- Strong organisational skills with proven time management skills.
What you will get in return:
- A very competitive day rate.
- Opportunity for further contracts across the region.
- Access to a host of training course through Randstad CPE.
- The chance to work on a well resourced project.
What to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Welwyn branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Coulter Elite Resourcing