Newspaper Account Executive (Graduate Trainee) £21,000
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by Clement Media
A media owner, which is the largest national and regional news publisher in the UK, with influential and iconic brands..
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and we have a bigger online monthly audience than all our competitors
Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
Our staff are what makes us tick. Their talent, dedication, and enthusiasm are what drives us forwards and are our biggest asset. From the Board to every member of staff across the business, there is a pride in what we do and what we stand for.
In the ever-changing media environment we are always looking at new opportunities to invest in our brands and grow our audience, and as the landscape continues to evolve, it couldn't be a more exciting time to be a part of our company.
Our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and values that our iconic brands provide, none of which would be possible without our people.
If you have the skills and passion, we'd like to meet you.
- Self-starting individuals, prepared to go above and beyond their industry peers in service levels to our client base
- Drive and tenacity with a real focus on proactivity that is regularly showcased back to the team and line management
- The acumen and desire to provide excellence in everything we do internally with systems and billings, and externally with representation and service levels
- A natural curiosity to get involved in our own business, and increase exposure with agency planning teams and clients
- Be knowledgeable and continually up to date on our unique portfolio: National, Regional, Digital & Magazines
- Act as an ambassador for the company
Key purpose of role
- To drive revenues across all areas of the business that you are responsible for
- Deliver sales messages effectively to Advertisers and Agencies
- To collaborate with and support all areas of our business to drive revenues and profitability
- Recommend and implement best practice in running of Advertiser and Agency portfolio
- Maximise accuracy and minimise administrative errors within day to day running of Agency portfolio.
- Ensure a good reputation and profile within the UK media marketplace
- Own day to day relationship with Agencies within portfolio
- Develop and retain revenue influencing relationships with customers, both existing and new
- Implement quarterly Business Plans for Advertisers and Agencies within portfolio, which have been designed alongside Group Head and Group Account Director
- Partner with other Account Executives across sales hubs to ensure consistency of approach and building of team spirit.
- Build strong working relationships with Operations, Trading, Finance and other teams within the business.
- Take responsibility for own personal development, including building of PDP and attendance of Power Hours
- Represent Solutions positively within the wider business
Required knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Highly numerate and an clear commercial thinker, able to identify and maximise revenue opportunities and report performance accurately
- Organised and efficient
- Ability to build relationships across agency planning/buying teams over the phone
- A strong communicator with good writing and conversation skills
- High impact, engaging personality with the energy to effect change and influence outcomes
- Effective operator, gets things done well and with good pace
- An advocate of our culture, personifying our principles and behaviours including Collaboration, Imagination, Determination, Excellence & Professionalism.
- Strong working knowledge of the whole portfolio
- Understanding of how our products products fit into wider UK media marketplace