Travel Consultant Sales & Service
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Thomas Cook
Over 175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to 'broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as 'the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,' Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world's leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook's ambitions - to be the world's most loved holiday company.
Job Purpose: Responsible for delivering an outstanding customer experience, by handling customer interactions such as sales, service & support through various methods of contact, such as phone, email, letter, chat & social media. As a Travel Consultant you'll work in a fast-paced environment, identifying and providing solutions to meet our customers' needs in a timely and professional manner.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Proactively give feedback and make recommendations to improve our ways of working to drive efficiency and maximise growth
- Work to deliver the first-time resolution efficiently, whilst maintaining high levels of customer service
- Ensure that significant trends or changes in our customer's behaviour towards our products are bought to the attention of the Team Manager
- Demonstrate our Thomas Cook values in all activity
- Adhere to data protection, legislation, compliance, health & safety and operating standards
- Share knowledge and experience with team members to benefit the business and our customers
- Actively utilise information sources to keep up to date with communications, processes and procedures.
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers over the phone
- Responsible takes ownership and keen to develop
- Problem-solving skills and an eye for detail
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Minimum grade C or above in English and Maths (GCSE level)
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages, including Word and Excel
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We're a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you'll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You'll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We'll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you've been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.
Job Segment: Sales Consultant, Consulting, Sales, Service