Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Preqin
Research Analyst - Private Equity & Venture Capital Deals Team
Are you a confident communicator who's a native or fluent French, Spanish, Italian speaker? Recently graduated or experienced?
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated individual to join Preqin's Private Equity & Venture Capital Deals research team - a fast-growing division within the global Research team.
The role will involve research, data collection and verification of data on deals and exits in the private equity/venture capital industry. Opportunities will also be available to contribute towards the production of research reports, blogs and publications.
Do you have most or all of the following Skills and Attributes?
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Native/bilingual proficiency or near fluent level of French/Spanish/Italian is highly desirable. Knowledge of other languages is also beneficial,
- A keen interest in the finance industry,
- Comfortable working with numerical data,
- Process-oriented with excellent research abilities, with a keen eye for detail to successfully gather valuable information,
- Analytical thinker,
- Proactive approach to dealing with issues,
- Diligence to meet targets and quality standards,
- Strong team player with the ability and enthusiasm to work independently,
- Education level - Bachelors' Degree (or equivalent),
- Some experience working in a research capacity covering private equity / venture capital / M&A deals is desirable but not essential. We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, confident and keen to learn.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Daily tracking of online news and conducting in-depth online research on private equity and venture capital deals,
- Reviewing large amounts of data from multiple sources and curating the relevant facts,
- Processing and inputting of the deals information into our online databases in a timely manner,
- Performing data quality assurance checks and liaising with the Deals team in other offices to provide feedback on the quality of their output,
- Communicating with fund managers via phone & email to obtain accurate information on their investments,
- Occasionally performing statistical analysis using MS Excel and putting together reports for publications and client data requests,
- With experience, the candidate will be expected to take on training and mentoring of the new team members as well as responsibility for sections of the data to become an expert in that research area.
SALARY: £24k-£26k basic salary per annum (depending on experience) plus quarterly performance related bonus worth £2k per annum.
BENEFITS: Free gym and swimming pool in the office building, sponsorship to undertake professional training and/or industry qualifications, travel opportunities for strong performers, company bonus scheme.
Kingsgate Recruitment Ltd