Medical Records Officer - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by BMI Healthcare
BMI Park Hospital in Nottingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Medical Records Officer to join their team of staff in the Medical Records department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. This postition is for a fixed term period of 12 Months only.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Previous admin experience an advantage.
Duties of this role include:
- It is the role of the Medical Records Officer to provide a comprehensive set of Medical notes to include both Inpatient and Outpatient activity for the complete patient journey, namely the Single Patient Record (SPR) within the agreed Hospital SLA. To store, file and track the records both in and out of the Department in line with local process. To provide upon request notes for Clinical Governance, Audits, Secretaries and Consultants, following the Information Security Policy. The Medical Records Officer is responsible for the handling of confidential information and should follow BMI guidelines at all times.
- Operate strictly within Data Protection Act legislation and BMI data protection policies
- Preparation of Medical Records for Outpatient Clinics, Pre Assessment clinics, Telephone Pre Assessments and Admissions within the agreed SLA and according to local process and acute attention to detail
- Adhere to the retention of records policy and ensure notes of eight years and over that meet the retention of records criteria are destroyed as per policy. Notes sent for storage to EDM to have record of destruction date according to retention of records policy.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Saxton Recruitment Ltd