Commercial Manager Power Generation
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Fircroft Engineering Services Limited
Due to the on-going diversification of projects and the ambition to take advantage of the massive potential in the market, they are going through an exciting period of recruitment that will allow them to support the current portfolio, but also ensure the future delivery of projects within the gas generation side of the business.
This person will be a key-figure from the very early stages of projects, where you will be tasked with developing greenfield opportunities from initial enquiry through to bid and tender submission. This will involve leading all capital procurement activities and working closely with developers, operations, finance from big phase through to execution and project delivery.
This will include the following roles and responsibilities:
* Key player in the acquisition transaction team & greenfield development team
* Will lead capital procurement activities in the Gas Generation team
* Will liaise closely with developers, operations, commercial and finance staff through the bid phase.
* Appoint, and manage professional advisers for technical and legal support as appropriate
* Help develop Forsa procurement strategy and evaluate full EPC versus managed contractor structures for project delivery and investigate framework agreements for equipment purchase where appropriate
This is a fantastic opportunity for an engineer with excellent commercial acumen, to be involved with innovative and industry-altering projects from initial bid through to delivery.
This company are experts in the acquisition, development, build and operation of a variety of energy assets across Europe. They have significant backing and investment from a energy-focused private equity firm that is allowing them to increase the already well-established portfolio even further across Europe in the shape of Renewable Energy, Gas Generation & Energy Storage projects.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
The successful candidate will be degree qualified or similar in an engineering or construction focused discipline, alongside proven-experience of capital procurement and bid delivery within the energy sector.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Strong Commercial skills
* Exposure to Project Financed projects & awareness of Project finance needs & requirements
* Contracts Management experience
* Demonstrate ability to manage more than 2-5 project/processes concurrently
* Able to travel to work sites/meetings, UK wide
* Exposure to small/new start working environment an advantage
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
RAIL SAFETY AND STANDARDS BOARD