Claims Handler - Motor Injury
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Royal Sun Alliance
Motor Injury Claims Handler
Full Time - Permanent
Location: Halifax - Dean Clough Mills
Salary Range - £17,250 - £26,000 (based on experience)
9:00am - 17:00pm - Monday/Friday (35 hours per week)
At RSA, we pride ourselves in having over 300 years of experience providing our customers with unwavering professionalism and a range of insurance options to meet their needs.
That's why we're always looking for the most talented people to join us and ensure we continue to deliver the products and service our customers expect.
We are currently recruiting for experienced Motor Injury Claims Handlers for our established team in Halifax. Based in our office just outside the centre of Halifax this is an excellent opportunity to join RSA.
This role will require you to pro-actively handle Third Party motor injury cases efficiently and effectively with claimant solicitors in order to achieve business objectives and meet the defined customer service proposition.
A lot of time will be spent dealing with claimants solicitors by telephone, but complex issues will also need to be covered in correspondence to bring claims to the best economical settlement in the shortest time possible.
You will enjoy utilising your technical knowledge to resolve queries, reach and convey decisions, and impart knowledge to others. There will be measurement of each activity within the case management system so that a profile of claim spend can be mapped against recorded activity.
* To contribute to the delivery of the Motor Injury targets by achieving own objectives effectively such as productivity, negotiation, leakage, and service targets.
* To handle and resolve technical cases or referrals and / or complaints within own authority limit.
* To gather and accurately analyse appropriate information in order to make the best business decision aligning with the total and /or partial resolution of Third party's needs.
* To take proactive steps to effectively deal with claimants solicitors in order to achieve overall business objectives.
* To provide guidance and support to others in the team so that overall team effectiveness is enhanced.
* To follow agreed processes, policies and procedures to ensure quality and service standards are met and leakage is minimised.
* To undertake activities for the team as delegated by the team leader where required in his / her absence to ensure that team performance is maximised.
* Taking a commercial attitude to deliver the optimum savings and time to settle.
* To comply with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
* Managing complex cases involving customer uninsured loss recovery offsets.
* Good understanding of Personal Injury claims environment, including MOJ process, pre-action protocol, claims and litigation procedures, products, and services.
* Experience of Legal / Insurance environment handling motor injury claims.
* Commercially motivated: able to take a proactive results oriented claims approach.
* Experience working within agreed authority levels which have involved settlement delivery options available.
* Strong negotiation skills and able to challenge where appropriate
* Proven ability making decisions on legal liability, assessment of damages, choosing investigation options.
* Experience using Guidewire would advantageous
* Flexible and team player who is happy to work with limited direct supervision.
* Good understanding of claims procedures, products and services including rehabilitation, how these are delivered and be able to select appropriate solutions.
* Proven ability to build relationships with others.
* Excellent call handling skills and ability to convey by telephone a range of information.
* Confident communicator both verbally and in writing.
* Comprehensive Induction programme & ongoing training and development
* Performance related bonus payments paid twice a year of up to 3.5% of your salary
* Employer Pension contribution up to 7.5 % with a further max match of 2.5%
* Life Assurance 10x base salary
* Flexible benefits package to tailor your lifestyle and needs
* Employee Assistance Programme
* 25 days holiday
* Interest Free Season Ticket Travel Loan
* RSA product discount
* Unlimited Tea & Coffee!
G2 Legal Limited
G2 Legal Limited
G2 Legal Limited