Solutions Consultant/Applications Engineer/Product Engineer
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
- Electric Machines | Automotive | Applications | FEA | CAD
What will your role be?
- The Solution Consultant is the primary technical resource for users of simulation software in electrical machines applications.
- A key member of the applications engineering team, this person's primary objectives and responsibilities will be:
- To act as the primary technical advisor and product advocate for users of the company FEA electromagnetic simulation software, especially in electric machines applications
- To discuss client/prospect applications in depth, demonstrate the effectiveness of the software to solve their problems and articulate product positioning
- Participate in activities to promote the company including writing technical papers, applications notes, presenting webinars and training courses
- To keep up to date with relevant developments in the electrical machines technology, be involved in the scientific community and participate to relevant conferences
- To maintain a detailed knowledge of the electrical machines markets and especially of the transport and mobility area
- This person will be qualified to Degree level or higher in a relevant technical discipline (preferably Electrical Engineering or Physics), and have a deep understanding of electrical machines.
- Experience working in an automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier for automotive would be a plus.
- Experience in electromagnetic design would be a strong advantage, as well as experience using a Scripting language (preferably Python).
- This role will suit candidates who are outgoing and who enjoy a technical challenge. There will be plenty of opportunity to expand your engineering knowledge and evolve into other application area. Full product training will be provided.
If you have any further questions please contact or call to discuss further