Service Desk Analyst
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Beacon Hill Technologies has an opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst with our client located in Independence, Ohio.
- Provides technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to desktop configurations, applications and peripherals.
- Walk customers through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation, escalation and/or resolution of all work.
- Assists senior specialists in creating materials for end-user frequently asked questions and knowledge base artifacts.
- Proactively coordinates asset life cycle maintenance by procuring, deploying, maintaining and retiring personal computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- May serve as secondary IT security administrator responsible for granting proper access privileges.
- Assist other IT Teams on projects/tasks not directly relating to end-user support.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline; technical degree preferred.
- 1-3 years' experience in Desktop Systems, including configuring PC hardware and peripherals, software installations in Local Area and Wide Area Networks and Windows 7/8/10 configuration and diagnostics.
- ITIL or other service desk certification strongly desired.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills; exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Strong interpersonal and active- listening skills with ability to work in a team-oriented/collaborative environment.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Understanding of network topologies desired.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive internal and external information.
- Provide Help Desk support line coverage and participate in the on call after hours support rotations.