Posted on Jul 23, 2022 by SMS Electronics (Smart Made Simple)
Who are we?
SMS (Smart Made Simple) is a leading UK based electronics service provider, based in Beeston, Nottingham. We have a long history in this area and in our previous lives we were Plessey, GEC and Siemans. Many of our colleagues are from the local area and we are proud to call Beeston our home.
Our SMS Family is made up of only 160 colleagues, meaning that we all know each other in person. This makes for a unique and friendly working environment. Although our name may not appear on the products we make, you will almost certainly have heard of some of our prestigious customers. This means we dedicate our time to making sure our customers get the best quality electronic products, when they need them. The ability to adapt to our customers needs at short notice is the key to our success.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a number of apprentices in the following disciplines.
- Manufacturing Production
A good knowledge or passion for electronics manufacturing is preferable with the ability and enthusiasm to study at Nottingham College.
Here at SMS we are working very hard to provide our colleagues with an uncomplicated working culture of trust, flexibility, honesty and integrity. Therefore we are looking for people who can help support those values, even if things go wrong.
- Full time work for a fixed term period (course length depending)
- Above average apprenticeship pay rates
- 1 day a week at college studying for a recognized qualification.
- The Opportunity to learn from skilled colleagues.
- Great working hours 7.30-15.30(M-T) and 7.30-15.00 (Fri)
- Every weekend off
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Christmas shutdown week.
- Employee referral scheme
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Company sickness benefit.
- Opportunity to apply for a permanent job once your apprenticeship is completed or the opportunity for further study.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Covid risk assessment in place.